Thursday, April 11, 2013

Flower Beauty Review

Drew Barrymore was hands down my favorite speaker at Lucky FABB. I've always liked her but I think I fell in love with her at FABB. I mean, the girl made a Simpsons reference when she was answering an audience question - I'm sold. I really loved listening to her talk about her new makeup line - Flower Beauty. These products are made with prime ingredients that you would find in department store makeup lines but with drugstore prices. The reason that Flower Beauty is able to provide luxury beauty products at low prices is because they don't spend on marketing and advertising. Drew Barrymore totally speaks for the brand. How cool is that? I was lucky enough to get a few of her products in my swag bag and I am happy to say that I'm hooked!


Here are the gorgeously packaged products I got in my gift bag! 

Easy On The Eyes Long Wear Eyeliner 
In Aubergine & Khaki Shimmer
This liner goes on so smoothly and keeps throughout the day. We had an 84 degree day in Chico yesterday and my liner didn't smudge at all! I was shocked to be honest because that's why I gave up regular liner and have been using gel/liquid for so long. Well now I am switching it up between this gorgeous khaki color that has just the right amount of shimmer and the beautiful aubergine liner that looks so good with my eye color. I've tried it on my waterline, as a cat eye and along the lash line and it is so versatile. I'm hooked. 

Extreme Measures Lengthening Mascara 
In Blackest Black
When this mascara says it's lengthening... it doesn't lie.

Let me forewarn you that I am a mascara snob. I use Dior Show and nothing else, ever. I will say that it's hard to continue to spend $30 on mascara every couple of months and I've been contemplating trying out a new one. SO glad that I tried this because I am pleasantly surprised at how good my lashes look! This mascara lengthens and doesn't leave lashes clumpy or heavy at all. I'm still trying it out and trying multiple coats, but I'd like to say that I'd definitely buy again.
Find it at Walmart for $6.98

Color Play Creme Eye Shadow
In Rest On Your Laurel & Time Willow Tell  
These two colors come with a lot of shimmer. The Rest On Your Laurel is a pearly silver shade that can be built up as much as you want using just your fingertips. Put a dab of this color on the outer corners of the eye to widen and brighten the eye for a day to night effect (Watch Drew's Tip Tuesday videos here). The Time Willow Tell is a deep olive color that can be easily smeared across the eyelid for a slight pop of color or built up for a daring deep green. The consistency of these shadows makes it easy to touch up during the day and wipe off if you apply to much.
Find it at Walmart for $7.98

Face The World Tinted Moisturizer 
In TM 2
Though I was bummed to see that there was no SPF in this moisturizer, I do like the feel of it. It goes on so smoothly and feels light and soft on my face. It lasted through most of the day and gave me pretty moderate coverage as well. This is definitely an item that you can apply with your fingertips and just grab and go since it blends so easily. Just make sure to use with an SPF base first! 

Can you believe all of this stuff can be found at Walmart? I can't wait to try the lipsticks next! 


3 comments:

Ana said...

I love this review because I got the exact same things! :)

I agree with you about the eyeliners and mascara. I am in love with both shades and it's so nice to have an option other than black and brown.

The tinted moisturizer was not my shade, so I can't speak for that, either. Great, great review!

Gareen said...

I totally agree with you about the eyeliner! I've been wearing the aubergine shade all day and it still looks great! It's such a great alternative when you don't want to go bold with black and perfect for brunettes like us :). Thanks so much for being my newest follower!

xoxo,
La Petite Gigi

Char said...

I gotta try that mascara! My lashes really need some lengthening. Let me know how the lipsticks are :)